Friday, April 30, 2010

Death and Flooding

Sometimes it's hard to look at the positive things in life when the shit hits the fan. Overall things continue to go well in daily living here at the Reinert household but in the past month, our dog Mickey died, and our house in Las Vegas flooded causing severe damage. A line going to the upstairs toilet broke and since the house was vacant,and no one was there to notice, it caused the ceiling in the downstairs to collapse. It caused major water damage to over half of the house. On top of that we had just got an offer from a buyer on the house. Now we are stuck with it for lord knows how long.

Mickey dying affected me a lot. He went too early. I worked so hard to train him and one day he was gone. It was a sad day. I miss him more and more as time passes. He was a big part of the family and never let you forget he was there. He would come up to me with a ball and drop it, then pick it up, drop it, pick it up...over and over. He was a lover and a licker. I'll never forget his great personality.

I'm working even more hours recently. I have taken on a lot of things that may or may not pay off in the end but they all are good. I just don't have time for much except work. I like it but it does take it's toll. Someday I'd like to make real money doing less work, don't we all. New guitars are coming down the pipeline slowly but surely. I'm writing a few music books based on a great idea that a friend came up with. I'm keeping up the website, designing products, repairing guitars and the list goes on. It seems as though things are really working. We shall see what the future holds. Today things have built up and I feel tired and mentally worn. Many little stresses and a couple big ones have affected my mental state. A new day will come.

2 comments:

Gregg Stokes said...

Gene, Mickey is missed from afar too. I can't believe your house flooded...we've been in that boat...but because it was from a broken pipe your home insurance should cover it. You are loved.

Tera said...

Keep your head up brother. My family and I love you dearly. You have been on my heart for a very long time. I trust you know how much our amazing Father truly loves you and is holding you tight. Be at peace.

Andrew